FN 509 Tactical Semi-Automatic Pistol
The FN 509 Tactical Pistol is an extension of the FN 509 family, that is based on FN’s submission pistol that the U.S. Army tested for its Modular Handgun Trials, but includes the significant improvements to the design that were implemented in the FN 509. The pistol features the company’s U.S Patent No. 10/352,654 Low-Profile Optics Mounting System that enables the platform to accept more than ten commercially-available miniature red dot (MRD) optics that co-witness with the suppressor-height night sights and remain adaptable to future optics releases with no requirement of direct milling of the slide. The slide cap, for use when not shooting with an optic, has raised sight wings that protect iron sight alignment if the pistol is dropped or jostled, and provides a textured ramp for racking the slide against a belt loop, pant pocket or boot. An FN-signature 4.5-inch, cold hammer-forged, stainless-steel barrel with target crown, ½” x 28 threads that accept the bulk of 9mm suppressors available and thread cap with integrated O-ring to prevent loosening during use complete the top end. Lastly, the 24-round magazines, nearly identical in length to the pistol’s slide, maximize ammunition capacity without impacting carry convenience. All models ship with two interchangeable backstraps, owner’s manual, locking device, FN logo soft pistol case, the 24 round models include one 17-round and one 24-round magazines, the 10 round models include two 10-round magazines.
- Operation: Double-action
- Weight: 27.9 oz.
- Barrel Length: 4.5″
- Overall Length: 7.9″
- Twist Rate: 1:10″ RH
- Height: 5.75″
- Width: 1.35″
- Trigger Pull: 5.5 – 7.5 lb.
- Sight Radius: 5.79″
- Striker-fired autoloader
- 5.5 to 7.5 lbs. Trigger pull
- FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System (U.S Patent No. 10/352,654)
- Threaded Barrel
- Suppressor Height Trijicon 3-Dot Green Tritium Night Sights
- Slide features FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System (U.S Patent No. 10/352,654)
- Sight Protecting Slide Cap
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Cold hammer-forged stainless steel barrel
- Recessed target crown
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- 1/2” x 28 threaded Barrel
- O-Ring retention thread cap
- Polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Fully ambidextrous slide stop lever and magazine release
- Magazines feature high visibility, low-friction follower with a polymer base with black finish
Made In United States of America
There are no reviews yet.